Monday, December 27, 2010

Another homemade gift... Obi-Wan Kenobi costume

I was very excited to make this costume for my Star Wars consumed grandson. He eats and breathes Star Wars and Light Sabers. It is the only thing he asked for for Christmas. I am not well-enough versed in the proper attire and so I searched the web for a costume that looked like it could be copied.

I found this here.



I shopped the second hand stores and found some boots that looked like they would work and a belt. I had recently made a bunch of costumes using a very simple tunic design that I could easily do without a pattern, but I used a costume pattern's hood for a princess (I believe) to make the hood. The top was simply a long rectangular piece of material that I pleated to look like Obi-Wan's top. I also made a white sash on which I glued a section of the belt I had found at the second hand store. I only glued the belt on in 3 spots, so it is easy to clip on the light saber, that I also bought at the second-hand store.

Here is the finished product on my grandson.




So you noticed that the pants don't match the outfit. I decided to not make pants. I knew that he would be wearing it over his clothes and didn't want to make the outfit too hot and too cumbersome to put on.

He loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the presents you made for your darling grandchildren. :) You're one cool and talented grandma, truly!

    ReplyDelete