Monday, May 16, 2011

Creating again.

I spent a couple of weeks in early April preparing for my upcoming visits to my children and grandchildren and wanted to share what I made.

This initial pillow



was made to see if sewing this would work. The original pillow pattern came from here and it was so darling I could hardly wait to make it. She hot glued the petals on, but I felt sorry for my granddaughter who would want to squish it and scrunch it and otherwise love on it, so I figured out that if I formed a box pleat in the center of the petal and then sewed it on, it would look good. And it did! For the center, I took the little circles and folded them in half. I took a stitch in the center from one side of the fold to the other and then stitched it to the center and coming back and stitching it another time or two. I sewed them very close together and that took the most time (about 2 hours for each flower).

After ascertaining that this would work, I made this



for a friend we would be visiting in Houston. I like it every bit as much.

I made the following felt food for my granddaughter. I found them on several different blogs. The bacon was here. The eggs I found were here. The pancakes and the donuts came from another set of blogs that I can't find right now. I did what I do when I make real donuts... cut the inside hole too big.






I thoroughly enjoyed making these. I like working with felt and with fleece (no hems needed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment