Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Each year our Queen's Wreath vine takes over my chain link fence in the summer and fall season. As I prepare to plant my vegetable garden, I must cut this vine back to the ground so it doesn't interfere with the light needed for the garden. Most times I pull it back after it is dead, but last year I didn't and I realized that it might make a good base for a wreath. It was too late though, I already had tossed most of it by then. This year on Conference weekend, I pulled the still green vines away from the fence and formed them into 3 wreaths, not knowing if it would work or not. I let them dry. Here is one of the resulting wreaths.
I went to Michael's last night and found that their fall products were 80% off and I bought 2 vines for around $5 total. I wired one to the wreath and cut up the other and hot glued the leaves to the wreath. Voila! Instant cheap wreath! I am not a great arranger, but I think this turned out decently.