Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was Mother's Day and as I went through our Church meetings, I formulated a plan. I would offer to take my 3 oldest grandchildren who live close by, home with me. That way their mother could put the baby down for a nap and take one herself. I also had an idea or two of things I could help my grandchildren do to honor her.

My DIL was happy for the nap and the grandkids were happy to be able to spend some time with me. I took them home and suggested what we could do to honor their mother and they turned me down (of course, it was because we had made it for her previously and I had forgotten that little fact.) It was negotiation time. After discussing an option or two, we decided to decorate their garage for Mother's Day. It was a great plan. We used my Cricut and cut out letters and flowers and then took pics of my grandchildren and printed those out in an 8x10 format.

We were ready. We loaded ourselves in the car and headed to my DIL's home. We started putting all the cool things up on the garage and watched as each one quickly blew off. We were experiencing high winds and the magnets were not about to hold. Now what? The front door? Good idea, but the security door's pattern did not lend itself to the size of the items we had made.

We came back to my house and put them up on my security door and metal front door. My DIL and her family were going to be eating at my house, so she would be coming and would see it then.

Here is what we came up with...

All the decor was made with the size of a garage door in mind.



This was the more personal part, with pictures of the children and pictures that they had made and decorated for their mom.


I had thought of resting while my husband and son made a scrumptious dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, chard, biscuits and strawberry shortcake for dinner. Instead, I did something much more rewarding and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment