Friday, August 27, 2010

Flutter Flower Shirt

As I often do, I was surfing the web for great craft ideas and came across this wonderful shirt and decided I had to try it.



I went to Walmart and bought 2 identical shirts that were on sale for $3 each. I then cut part of one of the shirts into 1" to 1 1/2" strips and then cut those strips into 2" rectangles that looked like this.



I cut those rectangles and sewed them as the blogger suggested and this is what they looked like.



I used fabric glue to glue them in place on the shirt and this is what I came up with. It looks even better on me then it does on the table, but the pictures I took look horrible, so you'll just have to imagine it.



If you'd like to see step-by-step instructions, you can find them here. If you decorate the t-shirt as I did, you will probably need at least twice the number of flowers that she used.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I want one! I don't fit in many shirts these days, would it work on a muumuu?;)

    ReplyDelete