Sunday, August 28, 2011

Buttons and Grandchildren

Recently my grandchildren spent the night with us while their parents enjoyed a much needed rest. The oldest children begged me to do a craft with them. Since my neighbor had recently given me a huge bag of buttons, I thought they might enjoy creating with them. It was a work in progress. At first they were going to sew the buttons on, but it soon became evident that they were going to use way too many buttons. It would take forever to sew them on. So we settled on fabric glue. This is the finished projects after I mounted them on foam board and finished the edges with binding, rickrack, and rattail.

CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD:

THE GIRL:

THE SWORD (DAGGER):

Here are the proud three together...

I would be so proud of my excellent grandparenting skills except by the time we were done, I was ready to shoot all three. They were all being so demanding and I had a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old demanding my attention too. How DO parents do it????


No comments:

Post a Comment