Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More pillows

I wanted to make some birthday gifts for a couple of friends and since pillows seem my gift of choice, here is what I made.


This one was based on my pillow here. I used a fluffy, more expensive felt. I was a little sad because my eyesight is bad enough that I could not differentiate between the circles when I was sewing them. I ended up having a hard time knowing where to sew.

I sewed a zipper in this pillow, but white was a bad choice (but the only one I had at home.)


The second was for a moose lover who is remodeling her bedroom to reflect this theme. I found a reindeer silhouette in a book and modified it to look like a moose. I started out using leather for the moose, but I soon realized I didn't have the right sewing machine to sew on leather or the right scissors to cut out. I switched to felt and it looks pretty good.


I got the idea for it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment