Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yellow Angry Bird Pillow

When one of my grandsons learned that I was going to make a red angry bird pillow for his brother, he had a request of his own. Would I make him a yellow angry bird pillow? Not surprisingly, the second went together much faster than the first. I have only a few pictures of this sewing project since it uses the same techniques as the red bird pillow. I think I like the yellow angry bird even more than the red. To see the red angry bird pillow tutorial, go here. I cut a 14" square out of a large piece of paper and then folded it in half. I carefully cut a diagonal from one edge to the center on the opposite side (using the fold to know where the center was). I then cut the other side the same way. I ended up with a triangle. I rounded the corners to make sewing easier. I then cut 2 from 1/2 yard of yellow fleece and cut another 4" gusset piece in the same manner as before. I designed the facial features and laid them out before sewing the pillow together as previously explained for the red angry bird. I only stuffed the top half of the beak on this bird. As I said, this is my favorite of the two. Who knows? Maybe I'll find a need to make the rest. We'll see.