Monday, January 11, 2010

My garden

I planted my garden in early November so it hasn't flourished and yet it is set up to grow and grow as it warms up a little. Welcome to gardening in Arizona's desert!



These are the lettuces I planted.



Peas, peas, peas. These will grow in plenty of time for us to pick them before it gets too hot.



These are my radishes and broccoli. I am worried that the broccoli won't grow before it gets too hot, but I couldn't find any transplants.



Of course, this is the first of my harvest. I don't love radishes, but they do make you feel like something good is happening. I also planted carrots, spinach and swiss chard so we have tons of salad makings!



We can start harvesting spinach and lettuce leaves now. The carrots have several months and the peas should be ready in March or so. I'm excited to start eating fresh veggies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment