Sunday, January 31, 2010

YW Fund Raiser

One of my many callings in my ward is YW Camp Director. Our camp costs $65 each and I was called about 3 weeks ago. Because of health situation in my family, I was going to skip the obvious fund raising holiday of Valentine's Day, but my husband kept lobbying for me to do one. This is what I came up with...


This first arrangement is going for $6. It includes one red rose in a vase with filler from my yard and a small bag of candy.


This second arrangement is priced at $12. It includes 3 red roses in the same style vase with filler from my yard and a larger bag of candy. This allows a husband to get flowers for his wife and a less impressive flower for his child.

The YW will get half of each sale for their camp money. Ikea, Costco and Hobby Lobby will each be an integral part of the supplies. I sent the sign up sheet around today and we have a potential of $159 profit, just today. We probably won't get enough money to pay for camp, but we'll get a good start. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. What a great fundraising idea! Those are really pretty. Hopefully as it gets closer, all the guys will realize it's a great idea and jump on the bandwagon.

    P.S. Good luck this month. I know you'll be doing so much to help Jeanine, and I just want you to know we're praying for her and you.

    ReplyDelete