Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tea Towels

In the summer of 09, I decided I needed some type of handsewing project to keep my sanity on those days when I couldn't find anything to do. I contemplated several but settled on embroidery since I have done it most of my life. I had about 6 of this specific pattern that my mother-in-law had acquired at some point, so that made my selection easy. I bought the flour sacks at Walmart. The quality isn't great, but I didn't want to spend a lot either.



I started with Monday and finished Sunday just the other day. I worked on several while Jeanine was in the hospital. It helped to keep my sanity on those hard days while I watched her suffer and felt pretty helpless and very tied to her room.







I would like to think that my embroidery skills improved with each tea towel I did. I had become quite rusty and there were some stitches I had to relearn.

Here they are side by side. I really enjoyed doing these and I'm preparing to make a redwork pillow for my craft/guest room bed. I'm still looking for the perfect pattern. I'll post it when I get it finished (whenever that may be.)



BTW, my husband says the day's chores are a misnomer. I can shop any day, never do these chores on the days assigned and when was the last time I ironed or sewed?

1 comment:

  1. These are the cutest! Great Job Aunt Betsy!;) Grandma Harris would be proud.

    ReplyDelete