Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ipod

I am going to take a short hiatus from Jeanine's treatments to talk about my problems with my Ipod.



I normally charge my Ipod through a speaker system. I rarely connect it to my computer unless I want to change what is on my Ipod. Just like many people, I have way too many songs, photos and videos to all fit on my Ipod at once. After Christmas, I needed to take off the Christmas music and get more of my movies on the Ipod. I hooked up the Ipod as normal and got a message which, of course, I can't remember that basically said that it couldn't find the device. Now what? I searched the internet and found someone who said that they disconnected their Ipod, restarted the computer, reset their Ipod to factory settings and then was able to reload the music, videos, etc. back on to their Ipod. I did that and it worked!!!

Fast forward to yesterday. I had decided to load different things on my Ipod and connected it to the computer. Same error message. I forgot about restarting the computer, but followed the other processes. I wiped out my entire Ipod and tried to get it to sync, but after hours nothing. I then remembered to restart my computer, but had to leave. When I got back home, I decided to check for updates before working on my Ipod problem and... What was this? There was an update for Itunes that fixed the inability for the Ipod to be recognized. I loaded the new software update, hooked up the Ipod and it synced as smoothly as it ever has.

THANK GOODNESS FOR PROGRAMMERS THAT FIX PROGRAMS AND HOW DARE YOU RELEASE PROGRAMS BEFORE THEY ARE COMPLETELY TESTED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment